ACEC-BC Seminar: Growing Effective Managers
November 18, 2015
The Terminal City Club, 837 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
Managers have a huge impact on a company’s fortunes.
Are you getting the most from your managers? How do you pick them? And how do you grow them?
Effective management is about one thing – achieving superior performance through others.
In this interactive session, you will learn the secrets of growing effective managers:
- What is the raw material to look for to grow great management talent?
- How do you nurture that talent to generate exceptional results?
- How do you improve the skills of your current managers, to elevate the results of their people?
You will gain the insider’s scoop on how to grow your leaders and catapult your team’s performance and company results, and:
- Learn what it takes to generate performance through others
- Build a series of strategies for managing and developing people
- Navigate the waters of uncertainty and difficult conversations
- Grow communication and leadership skills
- Discover when to coach and when to mentor employees to greater success
- Capture the tool to improve the people who impact your staff the most… your managers!
ACEC-BC Members: $195 + GST
Non-Members: $280 + GST
About Michael Walsh:
As a consultant for more than 20 years, Michael has guided business owners, CEOs and top executives to achieve significant top and bottom line growth by helping them to identify and implement the structural changes that are needed to support the company throughout the process.
Michael’s core belief is that businesses must be designed to achieve their owners’ personal goals. With an advanced understanding of business models and structures, he takes the guesswork out of building a high-functioning company. His expertise stretches across a variety of business disciplines that he categorizes as Strategy & Leadership, Sales & Marketing, Production and Delivery, The Money and The People.
His approach is at once pragmatic and visionary, and his clients appreciate and benefit from the balance. Clients say that Michael has a rare ability to communicate sophisticated business strategies in a simple way, and that his people skills have helped them resolve their trickiest interpersonal problems with customers, employees, and business partners.
A gifted storyteller, Michael is the author of two books on business growth – Business Growth by Design and most recently, Thinking Big is Not Enough: Moving past the myths and misconceptions that stop business growth.
Michael spends 18 weeks of personal travel every year, a favorite pastime, second only to hockey. Michael holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce and economics from the University of Toronto and an MBA from Asia Pacific International University.
Michael Kaizen, President, Kaizen Consulting Services Inc. www.kaizenconsulting.com.
Visit event's website
Print this page