RFP issued for Hamilton LRTTransportation Amec Arcadis exp services Hamilton LRT Hatch HDR IBI Morrison Hershfield Parsons WSP
The Hamilton LRT will include 14km of new rapid transit from McMaster University through downtown Hamilton to Eastgate Square, from the west end of the city to the east.
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx have issued the Request for Proposals (RFP) to three shortlisted teams to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the Hamilton Light Rail Transit (LRT) project.
The three teams were selected following the Request for Qualifications process that began in February 2017, and the shortlisted teams and their prime team members are:
CityLine Transit Group
- Equity providers: ACS, Aecon, CRH, TIAA
- Constructors: Dragados, Aecon, Dufferin
- Design team: Parsons, HDR, Amec, RDHA
- Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation team: ACS, Aecon, CRH, Serco
- Equity providers: EllisDon, Fluor, Bombardier
- Constructors: Fluor Canada, EllisDon Civil, Bombardier
- Design team: WSP/MMM, Hatch, Gh3, Bombardier
- Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation team: EllisDon Facilities Services, Bombardier
- Equity providers: Astaldi, John Laing, Hitachi-Ansaldo, Amico, Transdev
- Constructors: Astaldi, Hitachi-Ansaldo, Amico, Bot
- Design team: IBI, Hitachi-Ansaldo, Daoust Lestage, Morrison Hershfield, Exp Services, Arcadis
- Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation team: Transdev, Hitachi-Ansaldo, Astaldi
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx expect to select a preferred proponent followed by contact award with the successful proponent in 2019.
The Hamilton LRT project includes:
- 14 km of new dedicated rapid transit from McMaster University through downtown Hamilton to Eastgate Square, from the west end of the city to the east;
- 17 stops along Main Street / King Street / Queenston Road corridor with connections to the Hamilton bus network and the GO Transit network, including a pedestrian connection to the Hamilton GO Centre station; and
- The procurement of a fleet of light rail vehicles; and
- An operations, maintenance and storage facility.
Construction is anticipated to start in 2019, with an estimated completion date of 2024.