Preferred proponent selected for Finch West Light Rail transit projectTransportation Dillon Consulting Metrolinx rail Transit
Led by Aecon, the design team includes Arup, Dillon, DPM Energy, DTAH and Perkins+Will.
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx have selected Mosaic Transit Group as the preferred proponent to design, build, finance and maintain the Finch West Light Rail Transit (FWLRT) project.
Members of the team include:
- Applicant Lead: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Aecon Concessions – a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc., CRH Canada Group Inc.
- Construction: Aecon Infrastructure and Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., Dufferin Construction Company – a division of CRH Canada Group Inc.
- Design: Arup Canada Inc., Dillon Consulting Limited, DPM Energy Inc., DTAH, Perkins + Will Canada Inc., Sener SES Canada Inc.
- Maintenance: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Aecon O&M – a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- Financial Advisor: RBC Dominion Securities Inc.
The clients expect to reach financial close and award the contract in spring 2018, with design and construction to begin shortly thereafter.
The scope of work for the project includes:
- 11 kilometres of new, semi-exclusive light rail transit between Humber College and the new Finch West Subway Station on the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension
- 16 surface stops, a below-grade terminal stop at Humber College, and an underground interchange station at (Keele Street and Finch Avenue West) TTC’s Finch West Subway Station
- A maintenance and storage facility for the light rail vehicles
- Other required components, such as trackworks, signaling, communications, and public realm infrastructure
“Finch West is one of the busiest bus routes in the City of Toronto and I am delighted that we will be moving forward to start construction on this much-needed rapid transit line,”
said Kathryn McGarry, Minister of Transportation, in a media release.
Print this page