Contract for Finch West LRT project valued at $2.5B
The Mosaic Transit Group will design, build, finance and maintain the 11km LRT that will run in a semi-exclusive lane along Finch Avenue.
Mosaic Transit Group has signed a contract valued at $2.5 billion to design, build, finance and maintain the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) project.
Under the Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) contract with Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx, adjusted for inflation, the P3 contract reflects payments during construction, a substantial completion payment and monthly service payments during the 30-year maintenance period.
Mosaic will be responsible to design, build, finance and maintain the 11-kilometre LRT that will run in a semi-exclusive lane along Finch Avenue.
This consists of a below-grade terminal stop at Humber College, 16 surface stops, as well as an underground interchange station at Keele Street that connects with the new Finch West Subway Station on the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension.
The project also includes a maintenance and storage facility for the light rail vehicles and other required components, such as trackworks, signaling, communications, and public infrastructure.
Mosaic’s proposal offers a quality design that incorporates Metrolinx’s Design Excellence principles for fully accessible and customer-focused stops, upgrades to streetscaping, trail and pedestrian connections and bike lanes.
Mosaic will deliver the LRT by 2023.
Prime team members of Mosaic Transit Group includes:
- Applicant Lead: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Aecon Concessions – a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc., CRH Canada Group Inc.
- Construction: Aecon Infrastructure and Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., Dufferin Construction Company – a division of CRH Canada Group Inc.
- Design: Arup Canada Inc., Dillon Consulting Limited, DPM Energy Inc., DTAH, Perkins + Will Canada Inc., Sener SES Canada Inc.
- Maintenance: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Aecon O&M – a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- Financial Advisor: RBC Dominion Securities Inc.
As part of preparatory work required before construction starts on the Finch West LRT, Metrolinx began early utility works in 2016. With the contract now awarded, Mosaic, their subcontractors and suppliers will mobilize resources to begin construction in fall 2018.