Prequalified teams selected for GO Transit rail corridor project
October 19, 2017
Five teams are prequalified to build and finance the Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion – Grading project.
Following a request for qualifications sent out in mid-June this year, Infrastructure Ontario has announced that five teams are prequalified to build and finance the Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion – Grading project, part of the GO Transit Regional Express Rail (RER) program.
The scope of the project includes:
- double track expansion on the line, including grading, between Union Station in Toronto and Aurora GO Station
- track and signals upgrades to support double track expansion
- noise and retaining walls
- bridge expansions at Sheppard Ave. W., Major Mackenzie Dr. and Yonge St.
The prequalified teams are:
- Steelhead Constructors (Aecon/Dufferin)
- EllisDon Infrastructure Transit
- Barrie Corridor Construction Partners (Bot/Brennan)
- Dragados (Dragados Canada Inc.)
- Graham Commuter Rail Solutions
A request for proposals is expected to be released in 2018.