ACEC Human Resources Promotional Campaign Is Well Underway
Over the past several months, ACEC has begun to roll out in full force its student promotional campaign, appropriately entitled "Engineering Legacies." The elements of the campaign that are now comple...
Over the past several months, ACEC has begun to roll out in full force its student promotional campaign, appropriately entitled “Engineering Legacies.” The elements of the campaign that are now completed include:
• The English language website is now fully populated –it can be viewed at www.engineeringlegacies.com.
• The full set of English video modules are now complete, and can be viewed on the website.
• The presentation booth and accompanying materials are complete, and a fall roll out schedule with visits to every region of Canada is being completed.
• The French version of the videos, website, and accompanying material will be completed shortly.
• A presence on several social networking sites has been established to allow students to discuss amongst themselves the value of a career in consulting engineering.
• A tracking system is being developed to gauge student feedback and responses.
Among the events that ACEC has completed are:
• In March and April, student information sessions were held at universities in Atlantic Canada, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia. ACEC also presented to students at the Canadian Engineering Competition in Fredericton, New Brunswick, and has appeared at and spoken before a number of related career fairs.
• ACEC met with the National Council of Deans of Engineering and Applied Science to inform university deans about the campaign.
• ACEC met with the Directors of Communication of several Quebec firms, as well as l’Association des ingnieurs- conseils du Quebec, to discuss and obtain feedback on the roll out of the campaign in Quebec.
Most important, the response from students has been overwhelming. Many students have reported that this is the first exposure they have had to opportunities in consulting engineering, and many have expressed strong interest in entering the field. As the campaign ramps up in the fall, ACEC fully expects that strong level of interest to continue.
The promotional campaign would not have been possible without the valuable support of many generous sponsors. Sponsors can be viewed at the campaign website at www.engineeringlegacies.com.