Graham led team selected for Metrolinx Davenport Diamond rail grade separation project
The project includes the construction of a rail grade separation structure between north-south GO Barrie Rail corridor and east-west CP Rail corridor.
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx have announced that Graham Commuter Rail Solutions has been selected as the preferred proponent to design, build and finance (DBF) the Davenport Diamond Rail Grade Separation project, part of the GO Rail Expansion program.
The Graham Commuter Rail Solutions team includes:
- Lead: Graham Capital Partners LP and Gracorp Capital Ltd.; Graham Construction and Engineering LP
- Construction: Graham Construction and Engineering LP
- Design: LEA Consulting Ltd. as Design Lead; exp Services Inc.; International Bridge Technologies; Brown & Storey Architects Inc.
- Financial Advisor: Graham Capital Partners LP
Scope of work for the project includes:
- Construction of a rail grade separation structure between north-south GO Barrie Rail corridor and east-west CP Rail corridor;
- Erection of retaining walls forming the approaches of the grade separation structure topped with noise reduction walls to minimize impacts on the community;
- Construction of a temporary diversion track to enable construction of a new two-track elevated guideway;
- Modification of an existing at-grade crossing at Wallace Avenue to become a road under rail grade separation;
- Replacement of Bloor Street West Bridge; and
- Construction in an active rail corridor with limited access points and staging and coordination with the Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion Grading project.