(source: Infrastructure Ontario)
The Request for Proposals (RFP) has been issued to three shortlisted teams selected to bid on the Davenport Diamond Rail Grade Separation project.
This project is part of Metrolinx’s GO Regional Express Rail (RER) program.
The teams (announced in December) include:
Davenport Construction Partners
- Applicant Lead: Dragados Canada, Inc., Bot Infrastructure Ltd.
- Construction Team: Dragados Canada, Inc., Bot Infrastructure Ltd., Black & McDonald
- Design Team: COWI North American Ltd. (Design Lead), IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc., Dissing+Weitling, Peto MacCallum Ltd., SENER SES Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisor: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., National Bank Financial Inc.
Graham Commuter Rail Solution
The successful proponent for this design, build and finance project is expected to be announced in fall 2018.
Scope of work for the project includes:
- Construction of a grade separation structure between the north/south GO Rail corridor and east/west CP Rail corridor to minimize delays to GO service
- Implementation of a pedestrian underpass to restore east/west connection at Paton Road
- Erection of retaining walls forming the approaches of the grade separation structure, topped with noise barrier walls and superimposed cladding to minimize impacts on the community
- Construction of a rail guideway offset within the corridor during construction to accommodate a temporary diversion track and a temporary rail diamond
- Modification of an existing at-grade road crossing at Wallace Avenue to become a road under rail grade separation
- Enhancements to the public realm, including artwork on the structure cladding and new pedestrian and cyclist routes
- Provisions for future electrification implemented within upgraded rail infrastructure to accommodate future electrified GO train service.