Metrolinx awards $73M Kipling Bus Terminal contract to EllisDon Team
March 22, 2018
Design and construction is to begin this spring with an expected substantial completion in winter 2019.
The Kipling Bus Terminal project initiated by Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx includes the area around the Kipling GO station and the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)’s Kipling subway station. The redevelopment will integrate TTC subway, GO regional rail and local and regional bus services (GO, TTC, MiWay) into a single hub through a new inter-regional bus terminal and other supporting infrastructure.
A fixed-price contract of $73M for the project was awarded to EllisDon Infrastructure Transit (EDIT) to design, build and finance the new site.
Members of the EDIT team include:
- Developer: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Constructor: EllisDon Design-Build Inc.
- Designer: Strasman Architects, NAK Design Strategies and WSP Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
The scope of work project includes:
- An elevated pedestrian bridge to connect the new entrance/ancillary building to the new bus terminal building and rail platforms
- A new pedestrian underground tunnel to connect the new entrance/ancillary building to the new bus terminal building and from the new bus terminal building to the existing TTC pedestrian tunnel and pedestrian pick up and drop off building
- A new bus building for MiWay and GO Transit operations
- Renovations to the existing Kipling GO station building and existing TTC pedestrian pick-up and drop off building
- Site infrastructure upgrades including parking and improved vehicular, bicycle and pedestrian accesses
- The construction of a new private driveway for vehicular, bicycle and pedestrian accesses, including a new signalized intersection.
This project is part of Ontario’s GO Regional Express Rail (RER) program.
EDIT is set to commence design and construction in spring 2018, with an expected substantial completion in winter 2019.