West Park Healthcare $1.2B Redevelopment awarded to EllisDon TeamBuildings hospital
The redevelopment project includes a new six-storey hospital facility totalling approximately 730,000 sq. ft.
West Park Healthcare Centre (WPHC) and Infrastructure Ontario have announced that EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare (EllisDon) has been awarded a fixed-price contract for $1.2 billion to design, build, finance and maintain the WPHC Capital Redevelopment Project.
The contract reflects the payments to be made during construction, the substantial completion payment, and the facility maintenance payments over 30 years.
EllisDon will begin work this fall with construction to be complete in early 2023.
Targeting LEED Silver, the project will see the construction of a new six-storey hospital facility totalling approximately 730,000 sq. ft.
The redevelopment will transform West Park’s 27-acre site into an integrated campus of care, enabling the hospital to evolve its rehabilitative medicine to meet Ontario’s future health care needs.
Other project features include:
- 314 beds (20% increase) with 80% of beds in single-patient rooms
- Demolition of three existing hospital buildings as well as the existing maintenance building
- New campus entrance that will involve new public and private roads within the campus
- Extension of utility services and the construction of additional parking spaces
- Increasing the amount of green space with landscaping for outdoor therapy and therapeutic gardens
WPHC helps patients get their lives back by providing inpatient, outpatient and outreach services in specialized rehabilitative and complex care as a result of lung disease, amputation, stroke, traumatic musculoskeletal injuries and other life-altering and life-long injuries and illnesses.
The EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare team includes: