EllisDon Infrastructure has been selected as the preferred proponent to design, build, finance and maintain the new Toronto courthouse project located at 10 Armoury Street, bordered by Centre Avenue and Chestnut Street, in the heart of downtown Toronto.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of the Attorney General selected the EllisDon Infrastructure team over the Plenary Group headed by PCL Constructors.
The EllisDon Infrastructure team includes:
- Developer: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Constructor: EllisDon Design Build Inc.
- Design Team: Renzo Piano Building Workshop and NORR Limited
- Facilities Management: EllisDon Facilities Services Inc. and SNC Lavalin O&M
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Contract details are expected by early 2018 with construction starting this spring.
The new Toronto courthouse project includes public and green space improvements and significant design aspects that will celebrate the unique heritage and history of the site.
The new courthouse will bring together many of Toronto’s Ontario Court of Justice criminal courts operating across the city. Amalgamating several courts into one state-of-the-art facility. The courthouse will also be designed to meet the LEED Silver standard.