ACEC-BC: Effective Government Relations
October 31, 2017
Oceanic Plaza, Mezzanine level in the "Pender Room" (1035 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 3R2)
In today’s complex and fast-paced world, where government and business are increasingly linked, government relations work is more important than ever before.
ACEC-BC, in collaboration with Edelman, is pleased to present a three-hour interactive working session, walking through the transition of Government Relations from closed door deal making (then), to conversations and campaigns held in full view (today). Topics to be covered:
– Effectively pitching, positioning and aligning your internal goals with the government’s policies and public promises.
– The dos and don’ts of communicating with politicians and their staff in different settings.
– Setting expectations and agendas pre and post meeting.
– The importance of monitoring insights and analytics (data is the new Government Relations currency).
– Building trusted relationships with government to emerge as a thought leader in times of crisis.
– Knowing when to push, when to pull, and how to stay top-of-mind.
While focusing on ACEC-BC’s Government Relations strategy, the lessons learned could be applied to all consulting engineering firms as they work with governments at all levels.
This is a Members Only Event.
Visit event's website
Print this page