(source: government of BC)
Three pre-qualified teams have been selected by the province of B.C. to bid on the design and construction of the new toll-free Pattullo Bridge crossing between Surrey and New Westminster.
“The existing Pattullo Bridge is nearing the end of its useful life,” said Claire Trevena, B.C.’s Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure in a media release. “The selection of the three teams gets us closer to breaking ground on this project that will improve safety and reliability for residents, commercial vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians.”
The three bidding teams are:
- Fraser Community Connectors:
- Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV:
- Respondent: Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV (a joint venture of Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited, Dragados Canada Inc. and Carlson Construction Group, Inc.), ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Hochtieff PPP Solutions North America, LLC and COWI North America, Ltd.
- Design-build contractor: Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV (a joint venture of Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited, Dragados Canada Inc. and Carlson Construction Group, Inc.)
- Long-span bridge design contractor: COWI North America, Ltd.
- Fraser Crossing Partners
The $1.377-billion Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project will create a new four-lane crossing that will replace the existing Pattullo Bridge and will have wider lanes and better connections to road networks on either side of the bridge. It is expected to open in 2023.
The new bridge also features dedicated pedestrian and cyclist lanes separated from traffic by a barrier on both sides of the bridge.
The project will be funded and owned by the Province of British Columbia. It will be delivered on behalf of the Province by the Transportation Investment Corporation (TI Corp.). TI Corp., a Crown corporation with the legislative authority to complete major transportation projects.