EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare has been selected as the preferred proponent to design, build and finance the new hospital development project in Centre Wellington, Ont. Chosen by Infrastructure Ontario and Groves Memorial Community Hospital, the new healthcare facility will be built in Aboyne, Ont., between Elora and Fergus, replacing the existing GMCH in Fergus.
The EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare team includes:
“We look forward to working with EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare to reach a final contract and begin construction on this project later this year,” said Ehren Cory, President and CEO, Infrastructure Ontario, in a news release.
The project is expected to be completed in late 2019 and will include:
- a replacement hospital built on a greenfield site, with more space for emergency, ambulatory, diagnostic and inpatient services to accommodate a growing community
- 37 of the 45 beds will be in private single patient rooms with a dedicated washroom and shower and large windows
- the remaining eight beds will be in two-bed rooms each with a private washroom
- all inpatient rooms will have views of the surrounding rural landscape
- modernized infection control measures, including additional isolation facilities, to enhance the hospital’s ability to respond to a pandemic or disease outbreak
- an onsite helipad to allow for faster access to patient transfers by air ambulance
- large windowed areas that allow natural light to penetrate deep into the building and ultimately connect the interior with the outside