New book highlights BIM for AirportsTransportation airport BIM
The book details how Building Information Modelling is being deployed in the planning, design, construction and future operation of the Istanbul New Airport
The first edition of Airport Building Information Modelling has been published by Routledge Taylor & Francis Group, authored by Ozan Koseoglu, PhD, and Yusuf Arayici, professor at Hasan Kalyoncu University in Turkey.
The book details how Building Information Modelling is being successfully deployed in the planning, design, construction and future operation of the Istanbul New Airport, a mega-scale construction project incorporating a varying mix of infrastructures including terminals, runways, passenger gates, car parks, railways and roads.
The book demonstrates how Airport Building Information Modelling (ABIM) is being used to:
- facilitate collaboration, cooperation and integrated project delivery
- manage subcontractors and eliminate cost over-runs
- reduce waste on site and enhance overall quality
- connect people in a virtual environment to encourage collaborative working
- provide clients with an effective interface for lifecycle management including: design development, construction documentation, construction phases and BIM and Big Data Integration for future facilities management
The book presents a best practice BIM project, demonstrating concurrent engineering, lean processes, collaborative design and construction, and effective construction management.
Moreover, the book provides a visionary exemplar for the further use of BIM technologies in civil engineering projects including highways, railways and others on the way towards the Smart City vision.
Airport Building Information Modelling is available via www.routledge.com