Canadian Consulting Engineer
Top engineering projects in the province of British Columbia announcedEngineering
Consulting Engineers of British Columbia held its 20th annual Awards for Engineering Excellence Gala at the Vancouv...
Consulting Engineers of British Columbia held its 20th annual Awards for Engineering Excellence Gala at the Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Centre on March 7.
The most prestigious award, the Lieutenant-Governor’s Award of Engineering Excellence went to Hatch Mott MacDonald for its work on the Sea to Sky Highway Improvement project, from West Vancouver to Function Junction, near Whistler, B.C.
Awards of excellence went to the following projects, with their design consultants.
– BCIT Aerospace Technology Centre Mechanical and Electrical Systems, by MCW Consultants (buildings category)
– Brightwater Marine Outfall, King County, by Dayton & Knight (municipal engineering category)
– Kingsway Pedestrian Bridge, Burnaby, by Fast + Epp Structural Engineers (transportation category)
– Sea-to-Sky Highway Improvement Project, by Hatch Mott MacDonald (transportation category)
– NaiKun Meteorological Station, by Sandwell Engineering (natural resources, energy and industry category).
– Clean Energy from Biosolids, Vancouver by Associated Engineering (B.C.) (soft engineering category)
Awards of merit went to
– Richmond Olympic Oval Base Structure, by Glotman Simpson Consulting Engineers
– Columbia Street Pump Station Upgrade, Vancouver, by Associated Engineering (B.C.)
– Trent I&I Pump Station, Victoria, by Kerr Wood Leidal Associates
– Design and Construction of W.R. Bennett Bridge, by Buckland & Taylor
– Beacon Hill Station and Tunnels, by Hatch Mott MacDonald
– Upper Baker Downstream Fish Passage, Puget Sound, by WorleyParsons Westmar
– China Western Roads Project, by MMM Group.
Congratulations to All!
The panel of judges included the chief juror John Haythorne, LL.B., P.Eng, Partner, Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP; Dr. Tyseer Aboulnasr, P.Eng, Dean, Faculty of Applied Science, University of British Columbia; Jane Bird, CEO, Canada Line Rapid Transit Inc.; Steve Drummond, Chair, BC Road Builders and Heavy Construction Association; Darrin Heisler, AScT, President, Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia; Dr. Margaret Li, P.Eng, President, The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC; Ralph Sultan, M.L.A., Member of the Legislative Assembly (West Vancouver-Capilano); and David Wilkinson, MAIBC, President, Architectural Institute of British Columbia.
For more details, see www.cebc.org