Chinese engineers support American engineers’ vision
The China Civil Engineering Society has endorsed the American Society for Civil Engineering's (ASCE's) Vision ...
The China Civil Engineering Society has endorsed the American Society for Civil Engineering’s (ASCE’s) Vision for Civil Engineering in 2025.
According to ASCE, the vision “redefines what it will mean to be a civil engineer in the world of the future. It represents the collective wisdom of more than 60 experts from around the world and presents a vision for what the future can and should be.”
A summary of the vision, which was written in 2009, reads as follows:
“Entrusted by society to create a sustainable world and enhance the global quality of life, civil engineers serve competently, collaboratively, and ethically as master:
– planners, designers, constructors, and operators of society’s economic and social engine-the built environment;
– stewards of the natural environment and its resources;
– innovators and integrators of ideas and technology across the public, private, and academic sectors;
– managers of risk and uncertainty caused by natural events, accidents, and other threats; and
– leaders in discussions and decisions shaping public environmental and infrastructure policy.”
Click here for the executive summary.