Shortlist announced for Ontario’s QEW/Credit River Improvement project
The project involves bridge construction and rehabilitation along a 2.6 km-long stretch of roadway located in the City of Mississauga.
Three teams have been invited to respond to a request for proposals (RFP) to design, build and finance the QEW/ Credit River Improvement project, a 2.6 km-long stretch of roadway located in the City of Mississauga. The project outcomes will reduce traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption while improving the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel times.
The shortlisted teams include:
- Keystone Transportation Partners
- Applicant Lead – Peter Kiewit Sons ULC & Dufferin Construction Company
- Construction Team – Peter Kiewit Sons ULC & Dufferin Construction Company
- Financial Advisor – Peter Kiewit Sons ULC
- Credit River Developers
- Applicant Lead – Ferrovial Agromán S.A
- Construction Team – Ferrovial Agromán S.A.
- Financial Advisor – Scotia Capital Inc.
- Applicant Lead – EllisDon Capital Inc. and Coco Paving Inc.
- Construction Team – EllisDon Capital Inc. and Coco Paving Inc.
- Financial Advisor – EllisDon Capital Inc.
The project will involve:
- Construction of a new bridge north of the existing Credit River Bridge
- Rehabilitation of the existing Credit River Bridge
- Replacement of the Mississauga Road overpass
- Reconstruction and reconfiguration of the existing QEW to accommodate auxiliary lanes and future widening
- Improvement/reconfiguration of the Mississauga Road interchange;
- Active transportation crossings with enhanced connectivity to existing and planned trail network over the Credit River and over the QEW at Stavebank Road ; and
- Support facilities and features – landscaping, utilities, drainage and storm water management improvements, illumination, noise wall, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS)
Teams are now preparing proposals, and a successful team is expected to be announced in summer 2020.