RFP issued to three teams for GO Transit Rutherford Station
The scope of work includes multi-level parking with integrated station, pedestrian bridges, surface parking, rail/road separation and more.
The request for proposals (RFP) has been issued to three shortlisted teams to design, build and finance the Rutherford Station project to accommodate the planned expansion of the GO Transit rail service on the Barrie line in Ontario.
The scope of work for the Rutherford Station project includes:
- New multi-level parking structure with integrated station building, and pedestrian bridge to new rail platform
- Re-design of surface parking, kiss and ride, bus loop and pedestrian access
- Rail/road grade separation on Rutherford Road, and pumping station
- Pedestrian bridge over Rutherford Road
- New rail platforms
- A second heavy rail track and provision for future third express centre track
The shortlisted teams are:
EllisDon Infrastructure Transit
- Constructor: EllisDon Civil Ltd.
- Design: Amec Foster Wheeler plc., Strasman Architects Inc., Mulvey & Banani International Inc., The Aquila Group, Condor Signals & Communications Inc.
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Link Rutherford Station
- Constructor: Dragados Canada, Inc., Brennan Infrastructures Inc., BoT Construction Group Ltd., Black & McDonald Limited
- Design: Mott MacDonald, Morrison Hershfield
- Financial Advisor: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Stonebridge Financial Corporation
- Constructor: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dufferin Construction Company, Pomerleau
- Design: AECOM
- Financial Advisor: Scotiabank
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx expect to select a successful bidder by fall 2018.