BC selects teams to bid for highway upgrades in DeltaTransportation exp McElhanney Parsons WSP
The Province anticipates awarding the contract in fall 2019, with completion scheduled for 2023
Three pre-qualified bidding teams have been shortlisted to participate in the RFP stage to design and build the Highway 91/17 upgrade project on the Delta peninsula south of Vancouver.
The project is a combination of improvements to the existing Highway 91, Highway 17 and Highway 91 Connector corridors to improve travel safety and efficiency south of the Fraser River.
The upgrades will improve commercial and local travel in the area and reduce conflicts between commercial vehicles and other traffic.
The three shortlisted teams are:
- Kiewit Construction Services, ULC
- Kiewit Constructions Services, ULC – respondent and design-build contractor
- WSP Canada Inc.– design firm
- Pacific Gateway Constructors
- Ledcor CMI Ltd. – design-builder (lead)
- Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc. – design-builder
- Bel Contracting – design-builder
- McElhanney Engineering Services Ltd. – design firm
- Gateway Legacy Partners
- Graham Infrastructure LP – design-builder
- Parsons Inc. – design-builder and lead design firm
- BA Blacktop Ltd. – design-builder
- Urban Systems – design firm
- EXP Services Inc. – design firm
The Province anticipates awarding the contract in fall 2019, with completion scheduled for 2023.
Funding partners for this project include the Government of Canada through the National Infrastructure component of the New Building Canada Fund, the Province of British Columbia and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.
This project is part of a $245-million package being delivered by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure that includes improvements to Deltaport Way and upgrades to 27B Avenue on the Tsawwassen First Nation treaty lands.
Work on these components began in summer 2018 and is expected to be completed in summer 2019.
Print this page