By Press release
Superior Walls® Showcases Precast Foundation Walls at 2017 International Builders’ ShowProducts
NEW HOLLAND, PA – Coming off its 35th anniversary year, Superior Walls® will showcase a variety of the company’s most popular insulated precast concrete foundation walls at the 2017 International Builders’ Show in Orlando. Superior Walls, which manufactures and sells products in both the United States and Canada, will exhibit in booth S1015 at the show on January 10-12, 2017.
“With our recent expansion to Canada with operations in two provinces, our company is better positioned than ever before to offer energy-efficient precast foundation solutions to builders throughout North America,” says Keith Weller, vice president and CFO of Superior Walls of America. Our custom-made insulated wall systems are created to the exact needs of each project. Best of all, they are installed by our certified crew in just one day, so builders can begin construction the very next day.”
Known for their durability, speed of installation and damp-free basement conditions, Superior Walls products are available for both traditional below ground foundation applications and above ground construction.
All Superior Walls products are manufactured in indoor production facilities, eliminating any jobsite soil contamination such as the form oil used for poured walls. No on-site sprays or bituminous coatings are required to make the walls dampproof. The panels are delivered directly to a jobsite where certified crews install the precast wall panels.
Since Superior Walls panels are designed and manufactured with insulated concrete studs, Superior Walls reduces the amount of materials used to build a structure, including wood and concrete, and reduces the carbon footprint of a new home or commercial facility’s construction process.
Superior Walls product options include:
– Xi™ Wall – foundation system with nearly everything insulated, including corners, studs and bond beams. Made of high-strength concrete for solid structural integrity and reinforced with steel rebar and polypropylene fibers.
– Xi Plus™ Wall – based on the proven design of the of the Xi Wall, but with 1/2″ of Dow® THERMAX™ insulation and 4-1/2″ of rigid foam insulation added. Xi Plus wall systems manufactured in the U.S. have an insulation value of R-21.3. In Canada, the Xi Plus wall system is made with 5” of Neopor rigid thermal insulation with an insulation value of R-23.
– Ui™ Wall – an uninsulated four-foot high precast concrete foundation primarily for use below garages and porch systems.
– AG Wall™ – designed and modified for use above grade these walls can be stacked to create multiple stories as a part of a complete wall system building solution.
Passing the Test
Superior Walls products have passed many tests over the years and earned the respect of builders throughout North America.
In 2009 Superior Walls insulated precast concrete wall systems earned the NGBS Green Certified Product designation by the Home Innovation Research Labs. Now, seven years later, Superior Walls is still the only energy-efficient foundation system approved by the independent labs.
Builders choosing to use Superior Walls Xi or Xi Plus foundations can earn up to 13 points on a project toward a National Green Building Certification via the following practices:
- Practice 601.2.2 – 3 points – Higher Grade or higher strength of the same materials than commonly specified are used and component sizes are reduced.
- Practice 601.5 (1-3) – 4 points – Precut/preassembled components, panelized, or precast assemblies are utilized for a minimum of 90% of floor, wall, and/or roof system.
- Practice 602.1.1.2 – 3 points – A capillary break is provided between the footing and the foundation wall.
- Practice 608.1 – 3 points – Products containing fewer materials are used to achieve the same end-use requirements as conventional products.
Xi and Xi Plus foundation wall panels provide R values that can meet or exceed energy conservation values for both the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and the International Residential Code (IRC).
In 2012 the Canadian Construction Materials Centre (CCMC) declared that Superior Walls precast concrete insulated wall panels were evaluated for use in Canada. This opened the door for new licensee opportunities throughout the Canadian provinces.
Benefits to Homeowners
Superior Walls prefabricated foundation walls are resource efficient, using up to 70 percent less concrete in a new home than conventional foundations. Stud facings minimize the need for additional wood framing prior to interior finishing.
Using fewer materials helps reduce the carbon footprint of the new home’s construction process. Available for installation year-round, the foundation panels provide warm, dry basements for homeowners – even in the harshest and coldest northern climates.
For homeowners, the benefits of Superior Walls foundations systems are substantial. The energy-efficient walls help lower energy costs and reduce energy leakage while providing increased living space in a comfortable setting. The precast concrete systems help improve the indoor air quality in a dry basement setting along with enhancing the resale value of a home.
In the United States, Superior Walls has licensees that service 25 states. Two licensee operations in Canada include Superior Walls Alberta, LTD, located near Calgary and serving the province of Alberta, and Superior Walls by Magnis, Inc., out of Beausejour, providing Superior Walls products throughout the Manitoba province. For more information visit www.superiorwalls.com in the U.S. or http://www.superiorwalls.ca in Canada. You may also call 800-452-9255.