Schneider Electric Launches Wiser Air™ Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat in Canada with Eco IQ
August 2, 2016
By Press release
- The Wiser Air Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat was developed in Schneider Electric’s Building Automation and HVAC Centre in Montréal
- The thermostat features Eco IQ, an advanced self-learning algorithm that maximizes user comfort and energy savings and eliminates set points
- Wiser Air with Eco IQ combines Schneider Electric’s top-ranked weather service to produce a more comfortable and efficient environment
Mississauga, ON – July 13, 2016 – Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, today announced its Wiser Air™ Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat, featuring the new Eco IQ self-learning feature, is available across Canada.
While most smart thermostats need users to constantly input desired temperature set points, Eco IQ is a self-learning algorithm which only requires users to provide feedback when they’re not comfortable. The new feature takes the guesswork out of determining what temperature is optimal for users and allows Eco IQ to quickly learn and leverage feedback to create a comfortable heating and cooling plan.
“Created by our building automation and HVAC experts at Schneider Electric’s Building Automation and HVAC centre in Montréal, Eco IQ is the most advanced self-learning algorithm on the market today,” said Richard Henzie, Marketing Director, EcoBuildings, Schneider Electric Canada. “Eco IQ challenges the very idea of set points and doesn’t require Canadians to set temperatures and schedules. It not only focuses on energy savings but also on creating a comfortable environment.”
In addition to producing a more comfortable and efficient environment, Wiser Air with Eco IQ utilizes Schneider Electric’s weather service, WeatherSentry™, the number one ranked forecasting service for nine consecutive years. Leading utilities, major airlines and sports and entertainment venues also rely on WeatherSentry for weather intelligence. Utilizing these forecasts, the Eco IQ feature learns how long it takes to change the temperature in the home in all types of weather and plans ahead to start heating or cooling just in time to hit users’ preferred target temperatures.
Featuring a smartphone style, high-resolution, 3.5″-colour touchscreen and a plug-and-play design, Wiser Air with Eco IQ is easy to install and intuitive to operate. Users simply tell Eco IQ how to prioritize comfort versus savings, and Wiser does the rest. It synchronizes seamlessly with its smartphone app, creating a unified experience across any device or operating system. The thermostat’s rich hardware and Wi-Fi capability supports automatic updates, giving homeowners access to the latest technology advancements over time, without needing to purchase a new device.
Key features of Wiser Air include:
- Eco IQ™: A self-learning algorithm that finds the perfect temperature for consumers without requiring them to enter their own temperature set points.
- Wiser Forecast: Wiser Air incorporates Schneider Electric’s industry-leading weather forecasts, which is the technology’s first use in a consumer application. Wiser Forecast provides extreme weather alerts and allows homeowners to adapt to the latest weather information, before leaving the home, increasing home comfort and energy efficiency.
- Comfort Boost™: Delivers 15-60 minutes of on-demand heating or cooling at the touch of a button to promote optimal comfort without affecting thermostat settings and schedules.
- Smart Sensors: Smart Sense sensors automatically interact with the user when the user is near, and respond to real-time changes in temperature and light.
- Wiser Pulse™: Conveniently provides a status update with just a glance at the user-configurable ambient glow, enabling homeowners to be more aware of their energy use.
- Ready Modes: Ready-mode functionality allows homeowners to easily tweak their energy schedule to their personal settings with one touch.
- Advanced Scheduling: Flexible scheduling and automatic programming features help homeowners easily maximize energy savings.
The most intelligent climate control solution on the market, Wiser Air is now available at www.amazon.ca for a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $249. For more information, please visit www.wiserair.com or follow Wiser Air on Twitter at www.twitter.com/wiserair.
For more information about Wiser Air with Eco IQ, please visit www.wiserair.com/up-close/eco-iq/.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~US$30 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.