Schneider Electric announces smart circuit breakers
July 11, 2018
The Masterpact MTZ circuit breakers prepare customers for the future of power distribution with smart connectivity, remote monitoring and easy customization via digital modules.
Schneider Electric has announced its “Future Ready” circuit breaker that increases efficiency and can adapt to evolving needs for safety, reliability and sustainability — Masterpact MTZ.
The Masterpact MTZ circuit breakers prepare customers for the future of power distribution with smart connectivity, remote monitoring and easy customization via digital modules. The circuit breakers include capabilities required to build smart, dependable and sustainable power distribution systems:
- Seamless integration with building and energy management systems via EcoStruxure Power architecture
- Smartphone connectivity for wireless alerts and maintenance
- Precision Class 1 power meter built in for energy-saving capabilities
- Easy customization via digital modules
- Intuitive Micrologic X control unit
- Robust performance, even in harsh environments
“We are very excited about the launch of the Masterpact MTZ, the next generation of Power Distribution as part of our EcoStruxure Power portfolio. It offers so many advances for both customers and partners to ensure they are connected and taking advantage of the IoT, both today and in the future,” said Adrian Thomas, Vice President, Buildings Division, Schneider Electric Canada. “The MTZ not only enhances energy efficiency but provides an easy integration in existing and new control schemes. EcoStruxure Power is a scalable and ‘Future Ready’ portfolio of products and solutions with its IP capabilities and smart, intuitive, diagnostics and control.”