New VRF central controllers from Johnson Controls offer more options
MILWAUKEE (March 23, 2016) – A new central controller and enhanced network adapter software from Johnson Controls make it easier than ever to manage variable refrigerant flow (VRF) systems, whether within a building management system or independently.
Users can now easily integrate their VRF systems with a BACnet® or LonWorks® system with enhanced adapters, or can use a remote-access, web-based dedicated system.
The new BACnet adapter software, which can control up to 64 refrigerant systems and 160 indoor units, provides:
- Web-based interface for configuration
- Streamlined installation and setup from a familiar web browser
- Support for Fahrenheit (°F) and Celsius (°C) units
- 1°F (0.5°C) increments for temperature control
- Simplified commissioning of indoor units with an auto-discovery function
The new LonWorks adapter provides similar functionality for the LonWorks open protocol.
The new Web-enabled central controller’s Web-based interface allows a VRF system to be controlled and monitored by up to five local or remote Windows-based PCs and/or tablets. Other features include:
- Built-in software for easy access with no need for an optical drive for installation
- Advanced multi-zone control of large commercial projects
- Block and group control for scheduling, mode, setpoint and prohibit-RC functions
For more information about Johnson Controls’ YORK® VRF product line, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/vrf.