Legrand® Expands Its Award-Winning Wattstopper Fixture Integrated Solutions with Five New Outdoor Sensors
November 1, 2016
Popular line of FSP-200 sensors features new designs for flexible mounting options.
San Jose, Calif., October 19, 2016 – Legrand, North America today introduced five new fixture integrated sensors to its Wattstopper FSP-200 product family, the industry’s most versatile line of occupancy sensors. New choices of IP66-rated FSP sensors include the FSP-2×2 product family, which provides code compliance for fixtures that require the simplest code compliant lighting controls capability to the enhanced, fully enclosed FSP-2x1B product family.
New features and benefits include a new universal voltage sensor option (120-480VAC), four different mounting options and four color selections to match forms and colors of modern LED lighting fixtures, and IP66 rating for applications needing reliable operation in harsh wet and cold conditions. Additionally, photosensor and daylight capabilities add a dusk-to-dawn control option for unmatched sequence of operation flexibility. The sensors offer a unique security feature that locks the sensor configuration preventing any unauthorized changes.
Designed for optimal performance, the FSP-200 line provides effective lighting control to improve energy performance and simplifies compliance with the latest parking garage and outdoor lighting control code requirements including California Title 24 (2013) and ASHRAE 90.1 (2010)/IECC (2012). These sensors are ideal for outdoor parking lots and pathways, indoor parking structures, and high bay applications such as warehouses.
Available now and in three models, the Wattstopper FSP-2x1B Series features:
- Multiple voltage options: Allows customers to control a variety of fixtures ranging from low voltage 12-32VDC, single phase, and now dual phase with a universal voltage option (120-480VAC).
- Flexible mounting: Enables three configurations for mounting inside or to the outside of a fixture or enclosure via a ½” knockout or to a pole. Additionally, the sensor can come fully assembled with two threaded attachment options.
- Ladder-free configuration: Simplifies initial setup and sensor adjustments, which can be made using the Wireless Handheld Configuration Tool (FSIR-100).
The Wattstopper FSP-2×2 Series is available soon and will feature:
- Multiple voltage options: Offered in two models operating on low (12-32VDC) and line voltage (120-277VAC).
- Cost-effective code compliance: Provides code compliance for fixtures that require the simplest code compliant lighting controls capability; sensors are economical.
- Simple installation and operation: Features a novel form factor that allows for quicker snap-in installation with a rectangular punch-out. Also, simple trimpot-based controls allow the user to set parameters.
“We are excited to offer even more versatility to our award-winning FSP sensor line for LED fixtures,” said Ryan Smillie, OEM Sales Manager for Wattstopper at Legrand, North America. “Now our OEM partners have more flexibility with more mounting, color and voltage options. They can also have peace of mind knowing that they have additional security features and a sensor that is IP66 rated and can stand up to harsh environments.”
This unveiling follows the successful launches of the FSP-201 low voltage sensor and the FSP-211 line voltage sensor. Most recently, the FSP-201 was named the 2016 SILVER Award winner in the Lighting Controls category in Consulting-Specifying Engineer‘s (CSE) 2016 Product of the Year Awards and the FSP-211 was accepted into the prestigious 2011 IES Progress Report.
With the broadest selection in the marketplace, Wattstopper integrated lighting controls can control any light source from LEDs to HIDs, and can be easily incorporated into manufacturing and design processes.