Johnson Controls extends capacity of YORK magnetic-bearing centrifugal chillers to 165 tons/580 kW
MILWAUKEE (July 27, 2015) – Johnson Controls continues to expand its YORK magnetic-bearing centrifugal chillers (YMC2) offering with new, low-range capacities that extend to 165 tons/580 kW. With the addition of these lower capacities, the complete range of the YMC2 encompasses units from 165 – 600 tons (580kW to 2,110 kW).
This new capacity range is the result of extensive testing and software enhancements. The YMC2 continues to offer these important benefits:
- Market-leading efficiency, with an integrated part load value (IPLV) as low as 0.304 kW/ton at AHRI conditions and 10 percent better efficiency than conventional variable-speed centrifugal chillers
- Superior sustainability supported by R-134a refrigerant, an efficient, safe and affordable refrigerant that will continue to be available for the life of all YORK chillers
- Quietest chiller in its class, never louder than 73 dBA
- Flexible operation, enabling the chiller to adapt to system condition changes of each unique facility and exceed cooling needs, even when other system components fall short
- Maximized uptime, with 250,000 tons of chiller capacity installed, a fast re-start (can return to 100 percent capacity from a power loss in 3.5 minutes) and low maintenance (no gear or oil system)