Eaton Unveils New Power Management Innovations
PITTSBURGH … Power management company Eaton showcased an expanded product and service portfolio at the 2016 Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigerating (AHR) Exposition in Orlando from Jan. 25 through 27, 2016. At booth #4854, visitors can consult with application experts and interact with Eaton’s latest solutions specifically designed to help heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) customers meet energy efficiency requirements, simplify systems management and lower total cost of ownership.
“With a comprehensive portfolio of power management solutions and expert global engineering network, Eaton is positioned to solve the real-world problems HVAC/R customers face each day – minimizing downtime, reducing installation costs, streamlining management and encouraging new innovation,” said Rick Duft, vice president, Mechanical and Grating Sales, Eaton’s B-Line Division.
Eaton’s products and services on display at AHR Expo booth #4854 include new innovations such as:
- Eaton’s B-Line® series 4DimensionTM strut system received an “Honorable Mention” in the Tools & Instruments” category in the 2016 AHR Expo Innovation Awards Competition. The 4Dimension strut system revolutionizes how support systems are designed and installed in new and retrofit applications. Compatible with standard strut channel, fittings and accessories, the new 4Dimension strut profile has superior strength with a multi-side dovetail design that helps improve functionality, while helping reduce complexity in the most common applications. The new 4Dimension trapeze hangers help reduce material costs and installation time by up to 50 percent.
- The new Snap ‘N Shield™ Support System helps eliminate movement and allows for natural contraction and expansion, all while helping prevent rubbing and friction against the pipe and fittings. The Snap ‘N Shield clevis support is designed to snap onto clevis hangers, while the original Snap ‘N Shield pipe support is designed to snap onto strut channel. Each solution requires no attached tools, helping speed the installation process and deliver an overall lower total installation cost solution.
- Eaton’s B-Line® series KwikWire™ Hanging System is a flexible replacement for jack chain or all threaded rod (ATR) for hanging various fixtures and supports. It can significantly reduce hanging time by quickly installing around beams with no drilling required. It can be used for sloped ceilings where objects hang at up to 60° angles. Simple height adjustments can be made, no tools required, by releasing the clamp-locking tab. Spools of wire can be cut to length in field, helping reduce waste and up front planning.
- Eaton’s B-Line® series Kwik-Clip™ mounting clips are a one-piece design that snaps into channel or onto 3/8 inch all threaded rod which helps greatly reduce installation time to support piping. The clips can be used with insulation to help maintain an unbroken barrier seal and help eliminate pipe sweating.
- Eaton’s B-Line® series Armafix™ Clamp Inserts are ideal for continuous insulated tubing at the point of support. The “foam-to-foam” bonded solution provides optimum load bearing capability while protecting against insulation compression and condensation gaps that can compromise system integrity. Special friction tape is installed on the inside of the clamp to inhibit insert slip.
- Eaton is a leading manufacturer and fabricator of metal products used in the support of Pipe Hangers and Support Equipment for HVAC/R systems in industrial and commercial applications. Eaton’s pipe hangers and supports include a wide variety of support products such as beam clamps, pipe hangers, pipe clamps, pipe rollers, pipe supports, concrete inserts and brackets.
- Since 1965, Eaton B-Line TOLCO™ seismic bracing has led the industry with patented labor saving seismic bracing products for mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection trades. With Eaton’s extensive knowledge and experience, it offers one of the most complete seismic bracing product and service solutions in the market today. Whether the need isrigid seismic bracing or cable seismic bracing components, Eaton can provide assistance in the layout and design of systems to comply with seismic requirements of all building codes.
- Eaton’s B-Line® series Dura-Blok™ Rooftop Supports are made of 100 percent recycled rubber that qualifies for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
(LEED) credits. The supports have channel through-bolted on all size options for added strength and stability. On longer assemblies, a one-inch gap between blocks allows water to flow freely around and away from the assembly. The support does not penetrate and has no sharp or abrasive edges, helping extend the life of the roof. When used in combination with B-Line series Strut and Pipe Hanger Systems, Dura-Blok supports offer a total solution for rooftop applications such as piping, HVAC equipment, rooftop walkway systems, ducts, conduit and cable tray supports.
Eaton offers a broad range of B-Line series support systems, seismic bracing solutions, electrical enclosures and wireways designed to save time and deliver a lower total installed cost. The products offered serve customers in HVAC/R, commercial construction, oil and gas, mining, solar, communications and data centers, and other markets. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/b-lineseries.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with approximately 97,000 employees. The company provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.