Canadian Consulting Engineer
Green Building Festival, TorontoBuildings Building Lighting
On September 22-24, the sixth annual Green Building Festival will take place at the Direct Energy Centre, downtown Toronto. For the second year, the festival is being held in conjunction with IIDEX Ne...
On September 22-24, the sixth annual Green Building Festival will take place at the Direct Energy Centre, downtown Toronto. For the second year, the festival is being held in conjunction with IIDEX Neocon Canada.
Following are selected sessions that will be of particular interest to consulting engineers. To see full details and the complete program, visit www.greenbuildingfest.com
PLENARY HIGHLIGHTS, WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 22
3:30-4:15 p.m. Stadthous, Murray Grove. Constructed entirely from cross-laminated timber from the first floor upwards, Stadthaus is the tallest timber residential structure in the world. The nine-storey building houses 29 apartments with a neighbourhood office on the ground floor.
4:15 -5:00 p.m. Sustainable Development -The U.K. Experience. The Building Research Establishment (BRE) and its Environmental Assessment Method for Buildings (BREEAM).
5:00 -5:45 p.m. Wadi Hanifah Restoration Project, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Moriyama & Teshima’s master plan for the naturalization and bio-remediation of a vital water resource severely degraded from municipal and industrial wastewater.
5:45 -6:30 p.m. Towards the Carbon Neutral City. Carbon-neutral city of Masdar, Abu Dhabi, and the Manitoba Hydro building in Winnipeg.
SEMINAR HIGHLIGHTS, THURSDAY, SEPT. 23
9:00 -11:00 a.m.
• Community Energy Systems in Canada
• Recommissioning: Why It’s the Lowest Cost Way to Improve Building Performance
• Lessons Learned from a First-Generation of Green Buildings
• Holcim Awards
• Design Your Own Adventure: Combining Energy and Cost Analysis with Autodesk Revit Architecture
• Smart Grid -Taking Our Cue From Nature
• Green Acoustics: General Lessons & the Role of Sound Masking
1:00 -3:00 p.m.
• Gas Fired Infrared Heating
• High Performance Dynamic Facades
• Radiant Heating & Cooling for Commercial Buildings
• A Grander View green building
• Water and Stormwater: Technologies for Low Impact
Print this page