Canadian Consulting Engineer
Canadian Consulting Engineering Awards 2006Engineering
Here are some of the key people who led the award-winning projects. The complete list of the consulting engineer's team leaders is given at the end of the article on each project.
Here are some of the key people who led the award-winning projects. The complete list of the consulting engineer’s team leaders is given at the end of the article on each project.
1. Industrial Water Reuse at Gold Bar Wastewater Treatment Plant, Edmonton, winner of Schreyer Award. Associated Engineering, Edmonton. Standing, l. to r.: Rod Karius (AE), Steve Croxford (AE), Abdul Mohammed (City of Edmonton), Richard Watson (AE), Jennifer Willis (AE), Ed Wittstock (Petro-Canada), Kurt Sawatzky (City of Edmonton), Giorgio Grappolini (Petro-Canada), Pat Given (AE), Lakshaman Samarasinghe (City of Edmonton). Sitting, l. to r.: Chris Ward (City of Edmonton), Frank Vagi (Petro-Canada).
2. Queenston-Lewiston International Bridge Fifth Lane Project, Ontario. McCormick Rankin Corporation, Mississauga, Ont./ Buckland and Taylor, Vancouver. Left to right: Roy Skelton, Doug MacLean, Jack Thompson, Doug Dixon (all MRC), Roman Cap (B&T).
3. Marine Infrastructure at Puvirnituq, Quebec. CIMA+, Rivire-du-Loup, Quebec. Left to right: Francis Lavoie, Rjean Mass, Francis Bellavance.
4. Canadian War Museum, Ottawa, Structural Engineering. Adjeleian Allen Rubeli, Ottawa. Left to right: Garry Vopni, Jon Turner, Mike D’Costa, Kevin Weicker, Mits Kachi, Mike Allen, Jean-Michel Carrire, Ruth Carter, Sharon Zhang, Hadi Sugeng, Neil Johnston.
5. Remediation of former Nitchequon Meteorological Station, Quebec. Golder Associates, Montreal. Top row, left to right: Isabelle Richard, Hlne S. Richer, Eric Bergeron. Bottom row, left to right: Kateri Normandeau, Christian Gosselin, Mathieu Barbeau.
6. Toulnustouc Dam, Quebec. RSW Inc., Montreal. Left to right: Marie-Hlne Briand, Claude Boisjoly, Claude Chartrand, Michel Claisse, Patrick St-Hilaire, Hafid Bouzaiene, Gustavo Gonzaga, Normand Beausjour.
7. Kamloops Centre for Water Quality, B.C. Stantec Consulting, Kamloops, B.C. Left to right: Wes Elias, Paul Pai, Reno Fiorante, Enrico Dimzon, Ray Chan.
8. Arrow Creek Water Treatment Plant, Erickson, B.C. CH2M HILL, Burnaby, B.C. Lawrence Benjamin.
9. Turtle Mountain Monitoring Project, Crowsnest Pass, Alberta. AMEC Earth & Environmental, Calgary. Left to right: Andrew Bidwell, Stu Anderson, Corey Froese.
10. Lassonde Pavilions, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal. Bouthillette Parizeau, Pageau Morel, Pasquin St-Jean. Left to right:. Pierre Roussel (BP), Gilbert Lavoie (PM), Normand Leboeuf, (PSJ).
11. Explosive Detection System Deployment at Canada’s Airports. Marshall Macklin Monaghan, Toronto. Left to right: Ian Waymann, Kim Gurney, Brian Derich, Mark Boone.