AHR Innovation Awards handed outBuilding Mechanical & Electrical (HVAC) Systems Products
A list of the 2016 AHR Expo Innovation Awards given for inventive HVAC & R products, systems and technologies.
From the January-February print edition, p.32
The annual AHR Expo Innovations Awards, given for inventive HVAC & R products, systems and technologies, were handed out on January 26 at the AHR Expo in Orlando, Florida.
The winners are selected by third-party ASHRAE members.
• The Product of the Year Award went to Aeroseal’s HomeSeal duct sealing technology. Developed by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, the aerosol-based solution works from the inside of ventilation shafts to “seek” and bond-seal targeted leaks, rather than coating the entire inside of the shaft with sealant. It is the first alternative to traditional manual duct sealing products. It also won in the ventilation category.
Following are the other winners in their categories:
• Building automation: Accutrol AVC Fume Hood Control System
• Heating: Victaulic Grooved System for Saturated Steam Piping
• Cooling: ZoomLine Flexible Tubing from Sporlan–Parker Hannifin
• Green building: Piranha Wastewater Heat Recovery Heat Pump from International Wastewater Systems
• Indoor air quality: Ascendant conventional cooling, active desiccant hybrid system from Semco
• Plumbing: Neuton controlled chilled beam pump module from Semco
• Refrigeration: Heos Sistema – high efficiency waterloop system for commercial refrigeration from Carel Industries
• Software: PlasmaSoft 2.0 IAQ Procedure Software from Plasma Air International
• Tools and Instruments: ZoomLock Braze-Free Fittings from Sporlan–Parker Hannifin.
The judging panel recognized an additional 33 products and technologies with honourable mentions. cce