Canadian Consulting Engineer
ACEC Document 31 Will Hit the Streets in JuneEngineering
ACEC is proud to announce that Document 31 "Engineering Agreement Between Client and Engineer" will be released at the ACEC Summit in June 2009, complete with an updated Guide that provides supplement...
ACEC is proud to announce that Document 31 “Engineering Agreement Between Client and Engineer” will be released at the ACEC Summit in June 2009, complete with an updated Guide that provides supplementary and explanatory information for the preparation and use of the new Document 31.
The ACEC Contracts Committee has been working diligently for the past five years to produce the new Document 31. The new document is a major rewrite of Document 31 -1996 and was prepared primarily for small to medium sized projects which may lead to construction and where the Engineer is either the lead (prime) consultant or one of several consultants involved in the project. Document 31 has been reformatted to incorporate Schedules to identify and describe the Services and Fees and to permit users to execute the document in either a paper or on-line electronic form.
Check the ACEC website after the Summit to access your copy of Document 31 at www.acec.ca.Documents are free of charge for ACEC Member Firms.
ACEC wishes to thank its Contract Committee members who worked collaboratively, under the leadership of Chris Dunham, Contracts Committee Chair, to complete this document. Members who worked on this document include:
• Chris Dunham, Contract Committee Chair, ACEC Rep to CCDC, Dillon Consulting Limited, Ottawa, Ontario
• David Kauffman, De Grandpre Chait LLP, Montreal, Quebec (Lawyer)
• Owen Pawson, Miller Thomson LLP, Vancouver, B. C. (Lawyer)
• Jane Sidnell, Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP, Calgary, Alberta (Lawyer)
• Derek Holloway, Encon, Ottawa, Ontario
• Nancy Belding, CH2M Hill, Burnaby, B. C.
• Wayne Irwin, Dillon Consulting Limited, London, Ontario
• Bryan Shapiro, Shapiro Hankinson & Knutson LLP, Vancouver, B. C.
• Dave Thompson, KTA Structural Engineers, Calgary, Alberta
• Jean-Luc Larocque, Dessau Soprin, Montreal, Quebec
• Charles Leonard, Black & McDonald, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
• Kevin Murphy, CBCL Ltd., Halifax, Nova Scotia (ACEC representative to CCDC)
• Louis Martin Richer, Genivar, Montreal, Quebec
For more information on the release of Document 31, please contact Susie Grynol, Director of Public Affairs and Business Practices, at email@example.com call 613-236-0569 x 203.