PEO York Chapter Presents: Natural Gas Distribution System
June 01, 2016
531 Atkinson Ave., Thornhill, Ontario
Natural Gas Distribution System
Wednesday, June 1, 2016 – 7:30pm
Fee: $15/pp includes refreshments
Thirty-five percent of the energy consumed in Ontario is in the form of natural gas. That’s more than electricity (19%) and just under refined petroleum products (36%). Natural gas plays an important role in the Ontario economy, yet few people know much about natural gas distribution
After participating in this information session, you will be able to explain to a friend:
• Basic natural gas distribution system design, construction and operation (principles, materials, equipment, procedures, tools, etc.)
• Basic natural gas safety
• The differences between pipeline natural gas, compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG)
• The history of gas distribution in the GTA
• Where natural gas comes from and how it gets to market (the natural gas value chain)
• Safety regulation (Technical Standards and Safety Authority)
• Economic regulation (Ontario Energy Board)
• Competition from other fuels (electricity, fuel oil, propane, diesel, gasoline)
• Future possibilities (renewable natural gas, hydrogen, etc.)
Ritch Murray, MBA, P.Eng. was appointed Manager, Natural Gas for Transportation (NGT) Strategy in March 2014. In this role, he provides leadership for Enbridge Gas Distribution’s Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Business Development activities. Ritch is an active member of the Canadian Natural Gas Vehicle Alliance (CNGVA) and the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Z276 LNG standard Technical Committee.
Ritch holds a BSc (Biology) from Acadia University, a BEng (Mechanical) from Dalhousie University and an MBA (Innovation and Technology) from Ryerson University. He joined Enbridge in June 2000 and has held positions of increasing accountability in Engineering, Operations and Business Development. Ritch is currently based in Toronto, Ontario.
Enbridge Gas Distribution has a more than 165 year history and is Canada’s largest natural gas distribution company. Enbridge Gas Distribution is owned by Enbridge Inc. Enbridge Gas Distribution and its affiliates distribute natural gas to over two million customers in Ontario, New York State, New Brunswick and south-western Quebec.
Friends are welcome and networking encouraged!
Rick Vender, P.Eng.
Program Director – PEO York Chapter
Visit event's website
Print this page