ACEC-BC: Victoria – Onerous Clause Presentation & VI Committee Meeting
February 20, 2018
Stantec Office, Unit #400 - 655 Tyee Road, Victoria, BC V9A 6X5 Canada
How to Protect you and your Firm: What to Look out for in Agreements
Agreement terms have been a significant industry concern since the formation of ACEC-BC. The ACEC-BC Agreements Task Force, established by the association’s Board of Directors has looked into this and has issued its final report. For copies of the final report, please email Lia, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In their report the Task Force noted there are three primary types of problems:
1. Problematic clauses and wording that give rise to liability, business and financial concerns;
2. A multitude of different forms of agreement means that excessive management and legal time is required for review and negotiation; and
3. Terms of requests for proposals often discourage or preclude negotiation of unacceptable terms.
In this session, you will learn:
– What are standard agreements and why they are important
– How to approach Agreements and what to watch for
– Principles of Risk Management to consider when reviewing Agreements
– Common Problems in Agreements and how they can jeopardize your firm
– What to do if dealing with an onerous clause
– Resources available to you
After the presentation, there will be a Vancouver Island Liaison Committee Meeting. All are welcome to join in on the conversation.
Cost of Event: Free for ACEC-BC Members! To register, please email email@example.com. Note: lunch is not included.
Visit event's website
Print this page