ACEC-BC: The Institutional Buyer – Cracking their Cognitive Code and Winning the Big Projects
February 16, 2017
791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 2T4 Canada
Are you the best proponent for the project, but your firm missed the cut?
Looking beyond price and technical expertise, discover what influences the institutional buyer’s decision-making at every stage of the evaluation process and how that could make the difference between winning and losing.
This session, co-presented with CSMPS, will focus on the non-obvious things that explain some of the reasons why sometimes the best firm doesn’t win the project and how you can use those practical, behavioral science insights to give your firm the leg-up it deserves. Real-life AEC RFP proposal samples will be included.
- How to better understand the procurement professional’s evaluation, judgement, cost/benefit analyses, buying considerations and natural proclivities
- How social cognitive neuroscience influences the four stages of the institutional procurement process and what your BD team needs to know in order to best position your firm at each stage
- What your principals, BD and marketing staff should be taking into consideration: discover the insights from brain science that you need to know to get the competitive edge
- What fonts, spacing, and organization are the easiest to read and most appealing to the evaluator’s eyes/subconscious mind
- How to sequence information to be more persuasive, compelling, easier for evaluators’ brains to understand
- In the pitch meeting, what evaluators’ brains are really listening for and assessing
Guest Speaker: Dr. Brynn Winegard www.winegardcompany.com
Visit event's website
Print this page