12th Annual North American Passive House Conference
September 27 - September 30, 2017
Motif Hotel, 1415 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101
“The Path to Zero Source Energy”
The number and types of buildings that meet stringent passive building energy standards is exploding—single-family, multifamily, commercial, and high-rise. Passive buildings dramatically reduce energy consumption and associated emissions, provide healthy indoor air quality, and are supremely resilient.
The 12th Annual Conference, September 27-30 at the Motif Hotel in Seattle, will carry the passive building momentum by bringing together leading builders, architects, policymakers, and energy experts to share best practices.
Every year the event, the oldest and largest in North America, is chockfull of the latest building science, research, and real-world experience. This year’s program aims at equipping professionals to make the business case for passive buildings. Sessions will cover climate-specific and cost-effective passive design techniques and zero energy strategies for all building types.
Conference presentations will focus on:
- Climate specific passive building strategies and the most profitable paths to zero
- Why building science and the right kind of QAQC is so important to success
- Deep building science topics/passive building best practices: hygrothermal performance of materials, climate appropriate energy modeling
- New technological developments, systems, and products/materials innovations that work in moderate and mixed climates
- Case studies, cost-optimized, climate-appropriate design, with all construction types
- Latest policy and financial tool developments from across the country
- Passive source-zero buildings and renewable grid interaction
- International passive building solutions and challenges
Visit event's website
Print this page