MERX announces new services
MERX, the electronic procurement system used by consultants and others to find government work, has announced some...
MERX, the electronic procurement system used by consultants and others to find government work, has announced some changes.
MERX is a subsidiary of Mediagrif Interactive Technologies, which was recently awarded two contracts by the Federal and Ontario governments for developing their e-tendering services. It also distributes tender documents for most of the Canadian provinces and broader public sector (municipal, academic, school and hospital sectors) either through legal requirement or on a voluntary contractual basis.
Some of MERX’s new features and services will include:
* Free preview of full tender documents on-line before ordering
included in the membership fee.
* Three different service packages will be offered on MERX,
which are adapted to the different needs of the supplier community.
* New reduced annual subscription fees, which will vary from a
monthly cost of $29.95 to as low as $21.95 depending on the selected service.
* The monthly subscription fee will include the cost of downloadable
tender documents as well as downloadable amendments.
* Suppliers will receive at no cost notice of the issuance of an amendment or of a cancellation related to any opportunity they have ordered.
* Added services for suppliers who want to access multiple jurisdictions/regions opportunities (federal,
provincial, territories, cities, school boards, hospitals, and universities). They may choose
to receive the amendments automatically or want to have additional opportunity matching profiles set up.
Another electronic service that has recently been set up to help consulting engineers and other businesses find government work is SourceCAN. This web-based service has government and corporate tenders from Canada and the rest of the world. It can identify relevant opportunities for a firm’s specific business and automatically deliver them to your desktop by e-mail every day. SourceCAN was begun by Industry Canada and the Canadian Commercial Corporation.
For more information, call 1-800-964-MERX (6379) or visit www.merx.com, or visit www.sourcecan.gc.ca