Canadian Consulting Engineer
Alberta consulting engineers give out 2005 Showcase AwardsEngineering
Consulting Engineers of Alberta announced the winners of their 2005 Showcase Awards with the usual panache on Febru...
Consulting Engineers of Alberta announced the winners of their 2005 Showcase Awards with the usual panache on February 4. For this year’s event, held at MacEwan Hall on the University of Calgary campus, guests dressed in 1900s Paris attire for the theme “Moulin Rouge.” An oyster bar, wandering accordianist and photo booth added to the Gallic atmosphere.
Awards of Excellence were given to the following firms and projects:
– Associated Engineering and AMEC Earth & Environmental, for the CNRL Horizon Access Road and Bridge, South Section (natural resources, mining, industrial category).
– Associated Engineering for the Big Lake Basin Drainage Study (environmental category)
– Earth Tech (Canada) for the An Numaniyah Military Base Rebuild (international category)
– Ready Engineering for the ABACAS at TransAlta’s Sundance Plant (studies, software, special projects category)
– Stewart Weir Group for Building a First Nation Legacy (community outreach category)
– Stantec Consulting for the Gold Bar Wastewater Treatment Plant Centre of Excellence (water/resources, energy category)
– UMA Engineering/Stantec Consulting for the South Light Rail Transit Extension, Tunnel and Portal (project management category).
Several firms also received awards of merit. They were A.D. Williams Engineering (two), Clifton ND Lea Consulting, EBA Engineering (two), Golder Associates, ISL Infrastructure Systems, Keen Engineering, Morrison Hershfield, and Stantec Consulting International.
The jury consisted of 22 individuals, including Linda Van Gastel, P.Eng., President of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta.