Canadian Consulting Engineer
AICQ’s Leonard prize goes to Genivar for remote energy projectEngineering
The Association of Consulting Engineers of Quebec/Association des Ingénieurs-Conseil du Québec (AICQ)...
The Association of Consulting Engineers of Quebec/Association des Ingénieurs-Conseil du Québec (AICQ) celebrated its annual awards on March 26. The prizes were handed out at a gala dinner at the Montreal Science Centre.
The Léonard “visionary” prize went to GENIVAR and the Société immobilière du Québec (SIQ) for a project of Optimizing Energy at La Vérendrye, an isolated wildlife reserve on Route 117.
The prize for Emerging Professional Award went to M. Sébastien Legault-Lavallée, an engineer with AXOR Experts-Conseils. The prize was for his work on the project, “Revitalization of Saint-Joseph Street in Valcourt.
Following is a list of the winners in the other categories:
- Bouthillette Parizeau and l’École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS), for Residences, Phase III, l’École de technologie supérieure, à Montréal. Category: buildings – mechanical-electrical.
- Teknika HBA and l’École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS), for Use of BubbleDeck technology for Phase III. Category: buildings – structural.
- Tecsult and Hydro-Québec, for Hydroelectric Project at Péribonka. Category: energy.
- GENIVAR and Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (UDeCOTT), for Revitalization of Seafront at Port of Spain. Category: project and construction management.
- SNC-Lavalin – BPR Groupe-Conseil and Pluritec, and Ministry of Transportation of Quebec for Deck Replacement for Laviolette Bridge at Trois-Rivières. Category: transportation infrastructure.
- Tecsult – CIMA+ and Ministry of Transportation of Quebec, for Extension of Boulevard des Allumettières à Gatineau. Category: urban infrastructure.
- SNC-Lavalin International et à l’Agence Nationale des Barrages et Transferts (ANBT), for Water Transfer at Taksebt Dam in Algeria. Category: international.
- Dessau and Société de transport de Montréal (STM). Modernization of Telecommunications Network for Montreal Metro. Category: telecommunications and new technologies.
For more details, see www.aicq.qc.ca