2015 Canadian Consulting Engineering Awards – Call for ENTRIES!
Entries are now invited for the 2015 Canadian Consulting Engineering Awards / Prix Canadiens du Génie-Conseil.
The awards are the most prestigious mark of recognition for consulting engineers in Canada. Now in their 47th year, they are a joint program of the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies – Canada / l’Association des firmes des ingénieurs-conseils – Canada (ACEC/AFIC) and Canadian Consulting Engineer magazine.
The Stage 1 deadline is Tuesday, March 24 (see below).
Entries are invited (in English or French) from consulting engineering companies that are members of ACEC/AFIC. Projects are of every type are eligible (in 9 different categories), and can be located in Canada or elsewhere.
The winning projects are selected because they demonstrate a high quality of engineering, imagination and innovation.
When announced, the winning projects will be published nationwide and featured in the October-November issue of Canadian Consulting Engineer magazine.
They will be presented at a gala dinner held in downtown Ottawa on Friday, October 23. While in Ottawa for the gala, representatives of the winning firms may be invited to Parliament Hill for meetings with Members of Parliament as part of ACEC’s government relations program. One of ACEC’s roles is to advocate on behalf of the consulting engineering sector.
Up to 20 Awards of Excellence will be given.
In addition, Special Awards will be designated by the jury from among projects entered in all categories. The Special Awards are:
- Schreyer Award (Prix Schreyer). This is the highest honour and is presented annually to the best technical entry.
- Tree for Life Award (Prix Un Arbre à Aimer). The award is given annually to a project that demonstrates outstanding environmental stewardship.
- Ambassador Award (Prix Ambassadeur). Presented to a project constructed or executed outside Canada that best showcases Canadian engineering expertise.
- Engineering a Better Canada Award (Prix de l’ingénierie pour un Canada meilleur). Presented to a project that best showcases how engineering enhances the social, economic or cultural quality of life of Canadians.
- Outreach Award (Prix Rayonnement). Presented for a company’s role in donating their time and/or services for the benefit of a community or group either in Canada or on the international stage.
STAGE 1 -TUESDAY, MARCH 24
Submit the Notice of Intention to Enter & Entry Fee.
STAGE 2 & 3 – APRIL 21 & 23
Documentation to be posted shortly at
Contact Bronwen Parsons, Editor, Canadian Consulting Engineer, tel. 416-510-5119, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org