Stantec opens new office in Whitby, Ont.Companies & People GTA Stantec
"We’re excited to expand and strengthen our footprint in the GTA, where we already have more than 700 team members."
Stantec has expanded into Ontario’s Durham Region, the eastern expanse of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), opening a new office in Whitby, located at 1555 Wentworth Street.
The new office will focus primarily on infrastructure consulting services in the land development, transportation, and water sectors, while also providing building condition audits and environmental services.
One of Canada’s fastest growing regions, Durham’s population is expected to climb from 663,460 in 2016, to 747,200 by 2021.
“Stantec has long been active in the communities of Durham Region. So, it makes sense for us to now formalize and solidify our presence with our new Whitby office,” says Dave Sauve, Stantec’s vice president and regional leader for the GTA. “The infrastructure growth opportunities in Durham, combined with the region’s strong local talent pool, represent incredible opportunities. We’re excited to expand and strengthen our footprint in the GTA, where we already have more than 700 team members.”
Stantec is already playing an active role in many local projects, including:
- acting as the group engineer for the Columbus Sub Watershed Study in north Oshawa;
- providing engineering peer review services for the Town of Whitby;
- providing preliminary engineering services for the Kedron Lands in Oshawa;
- providing environmental and engineering services for a new private industrial development; and
- serving as technical advisor, in collaboration with AMEC, for the Bowmanville Regional Express Rail project.
“Several of our team members already live in Durham Region, which will enable our expert engineers, planners, scientists, and other professionals, to give back to their surrounding communities through their contributions to local projects,” say Tim Gallagher, office leader for Stantec’s new Whitby location.
As a sign of the design firm’s ongoing commitment to Durham Region, Stantec also announced a $20,000 donation to the Lakeridge Health Foundation.