Registration open for 2019 ASHRAE Annual ConferenceCompanies & People ASHRAE mechanical engineering
The incoming 2019-2020 ASHRAE President, Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., from Carleton University in Ottawa, will present the Society theme for the coming year during the President’s Luncheon on Monday, June 24.
This year’s edition of the ASHRAE Annual Conference is being held in Kansas City, Mo., June 22-26, at the Kansas City Marriott and Kansas City Convention Center.
The five-day conference includes sessions addressing current trends and technologies in the HVAC&R industry, as well as tours, social events and a keynote message from Mike Massimino, former NASA astronaut, advisor and author.
Additionally, the incoming 2019-2020 ASHRAE President Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., special advisor to the vice president finance and administration at Carleton University in Ottawa (also Fellow ASHRAE, and Life Member), will present the Society theme for the coming year during the President’s Luncheon on Monday, June 24.
This conference’s technical program will include sessions addressing engineering practices, research and professional development:
- Research Summit – nearly one-quarter of the technical program is devoted to the presentation of current research in the HVAC&R industry. Fifteen of the 23 scheduled sessions present peer-reviewed papers on ongoing research with a total of 26 conference papers and 31 extended abstracts accepted for presentation. The Research Summit includes a partnership with ASHRAE’s archival journal, Science and Technology for the Built Environment.
- Another quarter of the technical program is comprised of the Fundamentals and Applications track and the Systems and Equipment in the Built Environment track.
- Nearly a third of the program advances knowledge and practices in three focused tracks: Optimization in HVAC&R, Commissioning New and Existing Buildings and Modeling Throughout the Building Life Cycle.
- The Occupant Health and Safety track covers a range of topics from ventilation to health.
- The Professional Development tracks presents sessions to sharpen individual, personal skills, including career growth, ethics, business development and liability.
ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) will offer full-day seminars and half-day courses and ASHRAE certification exams will be administered during the week.
For complete information and registration for the 2019 ASHRAE Annual Conference, visit ashrae.org/kansascity.
Print this page