Awards given to nine top consulting engineering projects in Quebec
The Grand Prix du génie-conseil québécois — Quebec's consulting engineering awards known as the "Léonards" — were given out in Montreal on June 12.
The Grand Prix du génie-conseil québécois — Quebec’s consulting engineering awards known as the “Léonards” — were given out in Montreal on June 12.
This was the 11th annual edition of the awards, which “symbolize the highest qualty of engineering” and are given out annually by the Association of Consulting Engineers of Quebec, AICQ.
The awards are given in 10 categories and were selected by a jury headed by Francoise Bertrand, president and director general of the Federation of Chambers of Commerce of Quebec.
Following are the award winners:
– Bouthillette Parizeau for Maison du développement durable (Centre for Sustainable Development), Montreal. Category: buildings/mechanical-electrical. It won the Prix Visionnaire as well as a Léonard award.
– SDK & Associates for, Pavillon des sciences et technologies de la santé du Collège John Abbott à Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue. Category: buildings/structural.
– exp for Plan directeur pour contrer les apport d’eléments nutritifs dans les eaux du lac Brome (Blueprint to counter nutrients intake in the waters of Lake Brome). Category: environment.
– GENIVAR for Pont No. 9 sur le canal du Chambly (Bridge No. 9 over the Chambly Canal). Category: transportation infrastructure.
– exp for Usine de production d’eau potable de la ville de Magog (Water treatment plant for town of Magog). Category: urban infrastructure.
– SNC-Lavalin for Aluminerie d’Emirates Aluminium, Emirats arabes unis (Aluminum project, United Arab Emirates). Category: international.
– Johnston-Vermette/Pluritec for La construction d’un pipeline de 250 km reliant Lévis à Montréal (250 km pipeline between Lévis and Montreal). Category: Small and Medium Enterprises in Consulting Engineering
– Simon Nolin of Dessau for Réaménagement du laboratoire d’étalonnage de l’Institut de recherche d’Hydro-Québec (IREQ) à Varennes (redevelopment of laboratory at the Hydro-Québec research institute in Varennes). Category: Emerging Consulting Engineering Professional Award.
– BBA for the Solution innovatrice de controle intelligent utilisant la logique floue, Xstrata Nickel Mine Raglan (innovative intelligent control using fuzzy logic, Xstrata Nickel Mine Raglan). Category: Telecommunications and New Technologies.
For more details and images of all the entrants, click here.