ACEC Manitoba Celebrates ExcellenceCompanies & People ACEC Awards Manitoba
KGS Group wins the top Keystone Award for the Peter Sutherland Generating Station Project.
A crowd of 270 was in attendance for the 19th annual ACEC Manitoba Awards of Excellence, celebrated on April 10th at the Metropolitan Entertainment Centre in Winnipeg.
The top prize for the evening, the Keystone Award, went to Winnipeg-based KGS Group for the Peter Sutherland Sr. Generating Station project, a 28-megawatt hydroelectric facility located in northeastern Ontario.
The Gala, which was also celebrating the 40th year of ACEC Manitoba, recognized a total of nine Awards of Excellence and six Awards of Merit across eight categories (winning companies and projects listed below).
Other honours on the night included the Lifetime Achievement award going to Doug Stewart, P.Eng., a retired professional engineer who contributed to the design of flagship civil engineering projects in Manitoba over his career.
The Rising Star award went to Misty Klassen, P.Eng., a mechanical engineer with WSP.
And an Engineering Action award was presented to Allyson Desgroseilliers, P.Eng., a senior associate environmental engineer with Wood (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler) and a past-president of ACEC-MB.
The 2018 ACEC-Manitoba Award-winning firms/ projects:
Building Engineering Category:
- SMS Engineering/ Richardson Centre Heating Plant – Award of Excellence
- KGS Group/ Great West Life Daycare – Award of Merit
Energy Resource Development Category:
- Hatch/ Keeyask Generating Station – Column Extender – Award of Excellence
- KGS Group/ Peter Sutherland Sr. Generating Station – Award of Excellence (Keystone Award)
- Stantec/ City of Dryden – Design and Construction of Canada’s First LEED Silver Sewage Treatment Plant – Award of Excellence
- SNC Lavalin/ Koch 101J Compressor Facility – Award of Excellence
- Wood/ Dead Horse Creek – Award of Merit
Municipal and Water Technology Category:
- KGS Group/ Cockburn Sewer Relief – Award of Excellence
- Tetra Tech/ Pauingassi First Nations – Award of Excellence
- AECOM / Challenge to Inspect 362 Outfalls – Award of Merit
Small Projects Category:
- Tetra Tech/ Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo – Award of Merit
- AECOM, Dillon and KGS Group / PR 304 to Berens – All Season Road – Award of Excellence
- AECOM / Plessis Road Twinning and Grade Separation at CN Redditt – Award of Excellence
- Stantec / Rehabilitation Works to the Winnipeg River West Branch Bridge – Award of Merit
- Dillon/ Southwest Transitway’s Stadium Station at Investors Group Field – Award of Merit