The Keystone Award-winning team at the 2019 ACEC Manitoba Awards of Excellence.
The 20th annual ACEC Manitoba Awards of Excellence Gala was held on April 9th at the Metropolitan Entertainment Centre in Winnipeg, the event celebrates innovative projects by member firms from across the province. This year’s top Award, the Keystone, was presented to the team of Teshmont Consultants and Stantec for the Bipole III High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) project.
Manitoba Hydro engaged Teshmont and sub consultant Stantec for the Bipole III HVDC project to assure the technical quality of design and construction of two new converter stations and supporting infrastructure. Completed July 4th, 2018, Bipole III adds 2,000 megawatts of hydroelectric power capacity to the Manitoba grid and assures Manitobans will have economical and environmentally friendly power sources for decades to come.
This year’s complete list of Awards of Excellence winners included:
- AECOM Canada Ltd. – Pushing the Envelope: Large Diameter Reinforced CIPP Sewer Rehabilitation
- AECOM Canada Ltd. – Watermain Breakage Reduction Study
- Hatch Ltd. – Souris River Hydrodynamic Study
- KGS Group – HyLife Pork Processing Plant
- MCW/AGE Power Consultants – Bipole III Converter Buildings
- Teshmont Consultants LLP and Stantec Consulting – Bipole III HVDC Project
- Tetra Tech Canada Inc. – Design and Construction of the Assiniboine River and CPR Bridge Structure on PTH 1A in Brandon, Manitoba
- WSP Canada – Owner’s Engineering Services for the Design Build of Intersection Upgrades at PTH 59/101 and PTH 59/PR202
Awards of Merit were presented to:
- AECOM Canada Ltd. – City of Dauphin Corrosion Control Study
- JR Cousin Consultants Ltd. – Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrade and Expansion
- KGS Group and Morrison Hershfield – Controlling Risk to Critical Infrastructure during Construction: Seine Riverbank Stabilization at the Branch 1 Aqueduct
- SMS Engineering Ltd. – University of Manitoba Bannatyne Campus Electrical Re-Servicing
- Stantec Consulting Ltd. – The Rosser Water Reservoir and Distribution System
- Stantec Consulting Ltd. – Pan Am Pool Main Tank Ceiling, Acoustical, Lighting, and Audio System Upgrade
- Stantec Consulting Ltd. – Wasagamack First Nation School Servicing Water and Wastewater Material Procurement Project
- Stantec Consulting Ltd. – Preliminary Design for the Arlington Bridge Replacement over the CPR Yards
This year’s Rising Star Award was presented to Tyson Ehnes, P.Eng. of AECOM Canada.
Richard Tebinka, P.Eng., manager of WSP’s Manitoba Transportation team received The Engineering Action Award, and the 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Bruce Wilton, P.Eng., who served as President of ACEC-MB in 2011.