In his latest newsletter, “Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres,” consultant, author and executive coach, Richard Martin provided 10 tips on what makes effective leaders.
Leadership isn’t just about inspiration and charisma. You also need to be a good manager.
– The true secret of leadership is to be respected, not loved.
– Never plan for perfection, always assume that something will go wrong.
– Admit when you’re wrong or you’ve made a mistake.
– Trust the training and education you’ve received.
– Lead by example, especially in matters of ethics and integrity.
– Never burn your bridges. Always keep a way out of a situation, for yourself and others.
– First information is always wrong.
– Don’t overreact.
Martin promises 10 more tips next week.