Canadian Consulting Engineer
Elegant buildings win Quebec steel awardsBuildings Companies & People Building Structure
The Quebec chapter of the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC-ICCA) handed out its Design Awards of Excellence in Steel Construction at a gala dinner celebration on October 8. The event was held at the Palace Convention Centre in...
The Quebec chapter of the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC-ICCA) handed out its Design Awards of Excellence in Steel Construction at a gala dinner celebration on October 8. The event was held at the Palace Convention Centre in Laval, with Senator Jacques Demers and hockey legends Yvon Lambert (former number 11 of the Montreal Canadiens) and Chris Nilan as guests of honour.
The awards are given for innovation in steel construction.
The recipients were:
– Bibliothèque du Boisé, Boul. Thimens, St. Laurent by Cardinal Hardy/Labonté Marcil, Eric Pelletier, SDK et associés, Acier Sélect, Pomerleau, Ville de Montreal.
Categories: green building; commercial-institutional; jury favourite
– Escaliers monumental du Pavillon des sciences et technologies de la santé-Collège John Abbott, by SDK et associés, EBC, Fer Ornamental Jean-Guy Robert, Saucier + Perrotte.
Category: stairs and architectural walkways
– Bibliothèque Guy-Bélisle, St-Eustache by SDK et associés, ACDF Architecture, Charpentes d’acier Sofab, Opron Construction, Ville de Saint-Eustache.
– Agrandissement de la Clinique API de Laval by Groupe-conseil Structura International, Dorbec Construction, Fiducie immobilière Bruno Carré, Structures Sim-Con, TLA-Rive-Nord, VET Dessin.
– Aluminerie Arvida, Centre Technologique AP60, Jonquière, by Supermétal, Rio Tinto Alcan, SNC-Lavalin/Hatch, Gemayel+Emmian+Kirimidtchiev, Techdess, BD Dessin Structural.
– Pont Canal Beauharnois by Nouvelle Autoroute 30 CJV & Tenca, Arup Canada, Ministère des transports du Québec, Nouvelle Autoroute 30 SENC, Structal-Ponts, division de Groupe Canam.
– Pont Deh Cho, Fort Providence, Northwest Territories by Structal-Ponts, division de Groupe Canam & Tenca, Associated Engineering, Deh Gah Got’ie First Nation, Government of Northwest Territories, Infinity Engineering Group, Rapid-Span Structures, Ruskin Construction.
– Nathan Phillips Square, Toronto, Ontario by VET Dessin, Beaucé, Atlas, Blackwell Bowick Partnership, PCL, Perkins + Will Canada, City of Toronto.
Category: projects outside Québec