Plenary PCL Justice team selected for new Abbotsford courthouse
The 14-room courthouse will include three Supreme Court courtrooms, eight Provincial Court courtrooms and three judicial conference rooms.
British Columbia is building its first new courthouse in 20 years, the Abbotsford law courts project, and the Plenary PCL Justice team has been selected as the preferred proponent to enter into contract negotiations with the Ministry of Citizens’ Services and the Ministry of Attorney General.
Contract negotiations are expected to be completed by the summer with construction begin once that process is wrapped up. Project completion is slated for 2021.
The new 14-room courthouse will include three Supreme Court courtrooms, eight Provincial Court courtrooms and three judicial conference rooms.
Plenary PCL Justice team includes:
- Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd. (project co-lead and equity provider)
- PCL Investment Canada Inc. (equity provider)
- PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc. (design-builder)
- WZMH Architects (architect)
- Smith + Andersen (information management/information technology consultant)
- Johnson Controls Canada LP (service provider)