Newfoundland shortlists teams for new mental health facilityBuildings Newfoundland Smith + Andersen
The successful proponent will be announced in 2020, with construction to start months later.
The Government of Newfoundland & Labrador has selected three teams to compete for the design, build, finance and maintenance a new adult mental health and addictions facility in St. John’s.
The three teams, Atlantic Healthcare Group, Avalon Healthcare Partnership, and NL Healthcare Partnership, will submit proposals in early 2020 for the 102-bed extension of the Health Sciences Centre, including a parking garage with a minimum of 500 spaces.
The successful proponent will be announced in 2020, with construction to start months later. Site work for the project will begin later this year.
The three teams include:
Atlantic Healthcare Group
- Team lead: Sacyr Concesiones, S.L. (Spain)
- Design-builder: Sacyr Construccion (Spain)
- Design-builder: RCS Construction Inc. (Nova Scotia)
- Design: Stantec Architecture Ltd
Avalon Healthcare Partnership
- Team lead: Plenary Group (Toronto)
- Design-builder: Marco Services (St. John’s)
- Design lead: B+H Architects (Toronto)
- Design local: John Hearn Architect (St. John’s)
- Civil: R.V. Anderson
- Mechanical/electrical: Smith + Andersen
NL Healthcare Partnership
- Team leads: Fengate Capital (Toronto)/Pomerleau Capital (Quebec)
- Design-builder: Pomerleau
- Design-builder: Olympic Construction (St. John’s)
- Design team: Parkin Architects/Fougere Menchenton Architecture (St. John’s)
- Service provider: SNC-Lavalin O&M