A front view of the West Memorial Building on the corner of Wellington Street (front of the building) and Bay Street (west side of the building) (source: PSPC)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) has awarded a contract to EllisDon Corp. for construction management services for the West Memorial Building rehabilitation project.
The construction manager will work with the design consultant to provide pre-construction advisory services to PSPC during the planning and development phases of this multi-year project.
The construction manager will also oversee implementation of the construction work.
The building has been vacant since 2008 because of overall poor condition and related health and safety issues
The project includes:
- the major rehabilitation of heritage fabric, including exterior walls, windows and interior finishes
- the major rehabilitation of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems
- the modernization of information technology, multimedia and security systems
- the seismic upgrading to current building code requirements
- the interior fit-up for occupants of the Supreme Court of Canada Building
This new project milestone follows the award of the design consulting contract in February 2018 to Moriyama & Teshima Architects and Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning Ltd.