EllisDon team to begin $411M Toronto East Hospital projectBuildings Mulvey & Banani WalterFeddy
Engineering teams for the project include: Mulvey & Banani, Crossey Engineering, Stephenson Engineering and WalterFedy.
Infrastructure Ontario and Michael Garron Hospital (formerly Toronto East General Hospital) have awarded a fixed-price contract to EllisDon Infrastructure MGH Inc. to design, build and finance the major redevelopment project, which includes a new patient care tower, at Michael Garron Hospital.
The contract is valued at $411 million.
The EllisDon team includes:
- Developer: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Design-Builder: EllisDon Design Build Inc.
- Design Team: B+H Architects and Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Engineering Teams: Mulvey & Banani International Inc., Crossey Engineering Ltd., Stephenson Engineering Ltd. and WalterFedy
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
The project involves renovations within the existing hospital and new construction of an eight-story patient care tower with a three-story podium connecting to the existing hospital, as well as demolition of some existing space. It is expected to achieve a LEED Silver certification for design excellence and sustainability.
The scope of work includes approximately 550,000 sq. ft. of new space and 100,000 sq. ft. of renovations.
The expected substantial completion date is September 2023.
Print this page